Saturday 19 May 2012

Fighting The Tiger


Sugar me softly, oh broken one.
Bury me deep in the ground.
So when I fall from my pedestal.
I don’t dare to make a sound.

Why is it so difficult to curl up inside myself?
Find a place and implode away from here.
It’s so difficult being me and being happy.
That I fake this same smile over and over again.

I wish that happiness could be bought.
Free to anyone who needs it enough.
So when this emptiness spreads from my chest.
I could emerge like a phoenix again.

There are days in which the fake smile turns.
When the comedy act sends giggles down my spine.
Suddenly I am laughing at my own ridiculousness.
How childish my misery truly is.

It is hard to describe to others why it hurts.
Why the beasts claws rip so finely.
That the speckles of blood are only visible.
When you take off my second skin.

Saving me is a task for a brave man.
I have not found anyone whose eyes notice.
Who could find a way in and free me.
By gripping me so tight it hurts.

Romance may be dead and gone.
My life may be cluttered and useless.
I may not have much to live for.
My purpose is to write and be heard.

Sugar me softly oh broken one.
Bury me deep in the ground.
So when I fall from my pedestal.
I dare to make a sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment